- Register with the core facility by emailing the facility manager Yanping Guo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You will be sent details on how to book a lab induction and training on the instrument you want to use.
- Once you are registered with the Core Facility, and your lab induction and training is completed, a SharePoint email link will be sent to you.
What is SharePoint?
It is Imperial's answer for a complete calendar booking system, there is a dedicated FACS Sharepoint site which allows you to:
- access to the booking of instruments for which you have been trained
- communicate with other users regarding any issues e.g. cytometer based problems, or untrustworthy looking results
- request for antibodies related to flow or any trouble-shooting help you need
- access links to SOPs and technical information
- view our internal user discounts available from various companies
- keep informed of upcoming meetings and events, as well as communicating our planned annual leave, out of service notices, and services offered by the facility
- see a list of filters available, plus much much more
Cancellations of SharePoint registered bookings can be made respecting the following simple and fair criteria:
Analysis bookings (FACS analysers, MSD, and Luminex):
All analysis bookings can be cancelled free of charge one working day before the actual appointment (example: bookings on Thursday can be cancelled free of charge before Wednesday 17:00; or bookings on following Monday can be cancelled before Friday 17:00). The only exception applies to experiments with clinic patient samples, where bookings can be cancelled before 9am on the same day of booking.
Please note that cancelation can ONLY be accepted through email, phone call or oral notification. User should NOT delete/shorten their bookings on calendar, only add ‘Cancelled’ next to their name on the calendar. Bookings will bedeleted on the calendar by facility staff after receiving formal notification, in order to be waived from recharge.
All cancelation after the above time points (5pm one day before booking, or 9am on the same day for clinical patient samples only) will be charged for the full booking period if not taken up by other users.
Shifting of booking slots are not allowed. Users should cancel their original booking and make new booking or extend their original booking.
Cell sorting appointments can be cancelled free of charge two working days before the actual appointment (example: booking on Thursday can be cancelled free of charge before Tuesday 17:00). Cancellations with less than the two working days will result in charging of a holding fee to cover the basic costs of reserving the slot for £75 (one-hour rate). If the appointment is taken up by other user within the 2-day limit, the charge will be waived.
Cancelation after 9am on the day of booking will result in full charge if not taken up by other users.
No-show or same day notice:
A no-show is a missed appointment or a cancellation on the same day (after 9am). Such appointments will be charged in fully as the instrument can’t be booked by another user in due time. This is applicable to the cell sorting service, also accounts for the analysers and plate reader stations.