Imperial Clinician Researcher Fellowships
Our Imperial Clinician Researcher Fellowships provide:
- two years (maximum, full-time) bridging time to conduct clinical research
- Consultant Clinical Academic salary
- Research expenses
*** Please note recruitment for places on the 2017 ICRF scheme is now closed. ***
Imperial is delighted to announce the launch of our brand new Imperial Clinician Researcher Fellowships (ICRF) scheme, funded jointly by the Imperial College London Faculty of Medicine and Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Fund.
The purpose of the Fellowship is to draw on the research strengths of Imperial and attract the highest quality early stage clinical academics finishing clinical training to work towards Clinician Scientist, Wellcome Trust or other externally funded clinical research mid-level awards.
Starting in 2017 we will offer up to three opportunities offering two-year awards to talented individuals with outstanding intellectual achievements who possess the potential to become leaders in academic medicine. Applicants must be fully qualified medical doctors, have been awarded a PhD or MD within the last 3 years and hold a CCT, or be within 12 months of obtaining CCT (or equivalent) at the time of application.
About the ICRF Programme
How to apply
Please note recruitment for places on the 2017 ICRF scheme is now closed.
- Before submitting an application interested applicants should first approach the relevant Department in the Faculty of Medicine to discuss their research interest and establish whether the Department is able to support their application
- Completed applications should be submitted by midnight on Sunday 26 March 2017. Applicants should refer to the Application Guidelines when preparing their applications. The following documents should be submitted:
- Fully completed iRecruitment/job application form
- Fully completed/signed ICRF Award application form (including confirmation of support from a FoM Head of Department and Research Manager)
- Curriculum Vitae
Further information for applicants
Applicants must gain support from the proposed ‘host’ Department in the Imperial College London Faculty of Medicine using the Award Application form before finalising and submitting their applications. They should contact the relevant Departmental Research Manager and Head of Department to discuss their application.
Please note: Departments may set their own internal deadlines (earlier than the 26 March application deadline) to consider applications for support – potential candidates are advised to make contact with them as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
|ICL FoM Department||Research Manager||Head of Department|
|Prof Amanda Fisher|
|Prof Kim Fox|
|Prof Martin Wilkins|
Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Clinical Trials Unit
Primary Care and Public Health
Genomics of Common Disease
|Prof Elio Ribioli|
Reproductive & Dev Biology
|Prof Jeremy Nicholson|