Adapt to Postgrad (ATP)
"ATP is a one-stop shop for all the information you need to know before you begin your Master's course at Imperial. It will not only prepare you for postgraduate study at Imperial but it will also direct you to all of the amazing resources that the College has to offer! "
- Georgia, ATP Student Developer and MRes Student, Faculty of Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Adapt To Postgrad (ATP)?
- Adapt To Postgrad (ATP) is an online, non-credit bearing short course designed to support you in your transition to Master’s study in the Faculty of Medicine at Imperial College London.
- ATP consists of 3 ‘modules’, the first of which (Module 1: Preparing for Master’s Study) you will be expected to complete in advance of commencing your Master’s programme.
- ATP will provide you with key information for your study, direct you to support and resources across the Faculty of Medicine and wider college, and prepare you for what to expect of Master’s-level learning!
ATP Module 1 is now live! See below for details on how to access the course.
Who are the ATP team?
- The ATP course design has had input from a whole host of students and staff from across all Master’s programmes in the Faculty of Medicine.
- The core ATP team is as follows:
Anna Maria Jones (Biomedical Education Transformation Fellow)
Georgia Simmons (MRes Cancer Biology student 2019-20)
Danielle Kurtin (MSc Translational Neuroscience student, 2018-19)
What is the structure of the ATP course?
- You will undertake Module 1 of the Adapt To Postgrad (ATP) online course in advance of commencing your Master’s programme, where you will self-enrol onto the course. You will then complete a short “check in” (Module 2) during Week 6 of the academic year to review your progress. At the end of the academic year, you will be invited to reflect on the learning you have gained from your PGT study (Module 3).
- You can see a map of the ATP Course structure below:
How can I access the ATP course?
- In order to access the ATP course, you must meet the following requirements: receipt and acceptance of a formal offer for Master’s study from the Faculty of Medicine at Imperial College, and payment of deposit.
- Module 1 of the ATP course will be available as of 1st September 2020. Look out for emails and updates about ATP from your programme administrator, who should be able to provide you with a link to access the ATP course upon launch.
- Once you have completed Module 1 of the ATP course, you will receive further updates on Modules 2 and 3.