How to apply
Application deadline - 25 April 2017
In order to be eligible, applicants must do both of the following:
- Apply for a place on a Faculty of Medicine Master's programme
- Complete the scholarship application form
The deadline for Faculty of Medicine Master's Scholarships 2017/18 applications is Tuesday 25 April 2017. In order to be considered for a scholarship, potential candidates will need to do both of the following:
- Apply for a place on a Master's programme run by the Faculty of Medicine
- Complete the Master's Scholarships online application form
It is not essential to wait for an offer of a place on a programme to be made before applying, but the initial programme application must be made before submitting the scholarship application. To apply for a Master's programme, please use our online admission system.
Scholarships are awarded to applicants who are deemed by the panel to have the greatest potential to be leaders in their chosen field. This is assessed through academic excellence, professional/research experience and sense of career trajectory. Typically, applicants should be among the highest achievers in their academic cohort or have considerable professional experience.
Once the programme application has been submitted, those who wish to apply for a scholarship should complete our online form. Please note that the scholarship selection panel will assess candidates on their scholarship application form NOT their programme application. Therefore, please make sure that all key information that you would like to be considered is included in your scholarship application. The form will need to be completed in a single session, so please have the following information prepared:
- Personal statement (not more than 1,000 words)
- Details of qualifications, achievements, awards, relevant experience and publications (you will need to enter this information into the online form as we are unable to accept transcripts)
- The title/s of the programme/s which you have applied for
Advice on writing your application is included on our frequently asked questions page.
If you have any queries or have difficulty completing the form, please contact Gemma Williamson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please note that the deadline for applications to the Faculty fof Medicine Master's Scholarships is 25 April 2017.
- Applications will initially be reviewed by departments, before shortlisting and review at Faculty-level takes place in May 2017.
- All candidates will be informed of the decision - successful or not - by the end of June 2017.
We will use the references that you provide as part of your course application process. Please do not send references to us directly as we will be unable to accept them. It is not essential that we receive your references in time to consider your scholarship application, although their absence may weaken your application. It is therefore recommended that you contact your referees directly to ask that they respond to your course application reference request before Tuesday 2 May 2017 (one week after scholarship applications close).
As part of the application process, you will be asked to enter information from your academic transcript into the Master's Scholarship online application form. We are unable to accept separate printed or electronic transcripts (regardless of file format). We understand that entering this information into our application form is a time-consuming process. However, this scheme regularly attracts over 400 applications each year and is managed by a very small team. We therefore do not have the resources to accept separate transcripts.
When entering your transcript information into the online application form, please use only carriage returns (line breaks) and single spaces. More advanced formatting (such as tabs spaces or tables copied from other computer programmes) may display correctly on your screen, but are likely to cause problems when we export your application and send it to the selection panel.
Terms and conditions
When applying for Faculty of Medicine Master's Degree Scholarships, candidates agree to Imperial's terms and conditions regarding scholarships and bursaries.
Please note, the following conditions override the standard Imperial terms and conditions:
- Both part-time and full-time students are eligible to apply.
- An offer of a place is not required before applying, but candidates must first apply for a Master's course run by the Faculty of Medicine before applying for a Faculty of Medicine Scholarship.
- Candidates who do not apply through the online scholarship form will not be considered for the Faculty of Medicine Master's Scholarships.
- The decision of the selection panel is final. No appeal process is available.
- Awards cannot be deferred or used to fund non-PGT programmes within the Faculty of Medicine, or programmes run by other faculties or schools at Imperial or elsewhere.
- Although your scholarship application will be primarily based on your scholarship application form, the panel may consult your programme application if it is deemed necessary.
- The continued payment of a Faculty of Medicine Scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic progression on the programme. Award holders will also be required to maintain a minimum class attendance of 80%.
- Faculty of Medicine Master's Scholarships are non-transferable. If you transfer to another institution or withdraw from the College, any payments due to you will be cancelled.
- Awardees will be required to participate in promotional activities during the course of their studies and allow their image to be used by Imperial for publicity purposes. Such activities may include (but are not limited to) attending recruitment events, discussing their experiences with prospective postgraduate students and producing occasional print or web copy.