How to apply
MRes in Molecular Science and Engineering (H803)
Please follow the instructions on how to apply for a postgraduate course. If you have any queries, contact Hannah Davy (MSE MRes Administrator). Admissions open at the beginning of November; early applications are strongly advised.
To apply for the MRes in Molecular Science and Engineering (1 year postgraduate Masters in Research), you will need to apply via the Imperial College online system. The course code is H803 (Department of Chemical Engineering). You will need to submit two written references (e.g. from your personal tutor and project supervisor, and/or industry supervisor) and a personal supporting statement.
Tips for a good application
- No more than 1 page long (11-12 point text size, sans serif font e.g. Arial)
- At the beginning, make it clear why you are interested in the MSE MRes course, and what your relevant experience is
- Clearly state what research areas and you are most interested in
- Clearly provide a summary of relevant previous research project(s) that you have undertaken
CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Note that the word "resumé" is not used in the UK
- no more than 2 pages long
- do not include: date of birth/age, marital status, gender, height, weight, nationality...
- do include: academic qualifications and degree classification/grade (final/predicted); information about previous research project(s) and supervisors; information about any time spent in industry; experience with relevant analytical/synthetic techniques, programming, etc.