The Blyth Centre has ten music practice rooms which are available for use by students and staff of Imperial College.
- Four ensemble rehearsal rooms with grand pianos
- Six solo practice rooms with upright pianos
In order to use these facilities you must first register with Naomi Anderson-Eyles (Sherfield Room ML502, ext. 49354). We request that you come in person to register as we like to meet everyone who uses the practice rooms.
Players wishing to use the grand pianos must produce evidence of having passed grade 8 or above of the standard Examination Board or equivalent.
All rooms (except Ensemble Room 1) are available to solo players and chamber groups from 8.00 to 22.00 every day (9.00 to 22.00 at weekends) and can be booked using the instructions below
Use of rooms
- You may only book one hour per day and not more than a week in advance.
- Do not book under another name, we check all bookings regularly.
- Do not take food or drink into the rooms — the potential for unintentional damage to pianos is too great.
- Please do not move the pianos.
- Please remember to switch off the power on the Clavinova keyboard when you have finished using it.
- Please do not move the coloured acoustic panels in the rooms as this marks the walls.
- Please only book an hour a day, and do not book the same time in the same room on consecutive days.
Please do not leave instruments in any of the practice rooms.