How do I apply?
Apply online via the link on the MRes Neurotechnology page of the postgraduate prospectus.
Before applying you need to choose a potential MRes research project. You can either select a project from our projects page or contact a supervisor to discuss a different project.
- Visit our projects page page to see what projects are available
- Make your application and tell us in your personal statement which project(s) you are interested in, so we know which supervisor to send your application to
- You can list more than one project if you like - if so, please list in order of preference
- You do not need to get approval from the supervisor to apply for their project, but we recommend that you contact them informally before you apply to make sure your background is suitable and their project is still available
OR - if none of the advertised projects is suitable for you:
- Visit our Neurotechnology supervisors and Bioengineering academic staff pages to find a supervisor you want to work with
- Contact them directly to discuss potential projects
- Make your application and tell us in your personal statement which supervisor(s) you want to work with and give brief details of the project, so we know who to send your application to
- You can list more than one supervisor if you like - if so, please list in order of preference
Visit our FAQ page for help on the application process.
Typically, we require a degree in an engineering, mathematical or physical sciences subject at a level equivalent to a UK First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree. This is generally higher than the college Postgraduate minimum academic requirements. If you have a biological or life sciences background we can usually consider you if you have a reasonable standard of mathematical ability. If you are in doubt, please check the MRes Neurotechnology programme specification 2020-21 and discuss your background with your proposed supervisor, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If English is not your first language, you must also meet the College English requirements. You do not have to take a test before applying, but must pass an approved test before starting the course.
Please note that meeting the minimum academic requirement does not guarantee you will be made an offer of admission.
Applications will be considered in three rounds. When you apply will determine which round you are considered in and when you can expect a decision on your application.
- Round 1 deadline: Wednesday 15 December 2021. Decision can be expected by end of January 2022.
- Round 2 deadline: Tuesday 1 March 2022. Decision can be expected by mid-April 2022.
- Round 3 deadline: Tuesday 5 July 2022. Decision can be expected by mid-August 2022.
If you are applying for a specific project from our projects page, we encourage you to apply in Round 1. If you apply in a later round, there is no guarantee that your preferred project will still be available.
What happens after I apply?
Your application will be reviewed by the MRes project supervisor. If they want to take your application forward, they will invite you to an interview. You will be notified of the outcome of your application or interview via the College application system. If you are offered a place, you will need to fulfil any required conditions (eg acheiving a certain grade in your degree, completing an approved English test) before you can start the programme.