Hoop, the London-based ‘What’s On’ app, has created a special guide for family-friendly events at Imperial Festival 2018.
We're really excited to bring you our picks for Imperial Festival 2018. Hoop
The creators behind the popular app, which aims to help parents discover and book what’s on for their kids, have published their top family friendly picks for the Festival which runs at Imperial’s South Kensington Campus on 28-29 April.
Among the Hoop team’s choices are:
- Hands On Zone: Make and play with a lively array of science-inspired activities. OKIDO’s Messy Monster will also be on hand to help you learn all about the brilliance of breathing.
- Robot Zone: Check out the latest innovations in robotics, from smart flying drones to high tech medical solutions and innovative artificial intelligence systems.
- The Greatest Hits Show presented by the Science Museum: Witness rockets 'magic' tricks, liquid nitrogen marvels and earth-shaking bangs.
- Squiggling Machines Workshop: Design and build unique squiggling machines and use them to create your own artistic masterpiece.
The app team said: “At Hoop, we believe that learning STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) should be fun for kids, and we're always working to promote new and exciting activities. We're really excited to bring you our picks for Imperial Festival 2018.”
Read the full list of Hoop picks for Imperial Festival 2018. All events listed will run at across both days of the Festival.
About Imperial Festival
Imperial Festival will be held on the South Kensington Campus from Saturday 28 - Sunday 29 April. It is free and open to the public. To attend please register in advance.
The Festival, returning for its seventh year, gives the public the chance to go behind-the-scenes and explore the latest research and innovations from Imperial through interactive demonstrations, workshops and live experiments.
Creativity and culture will also be at the forefront with vibrant live musical and dance performances, a theatrical performance and exhibition exploring the boundaries between medicine and the arts, plus delicious treats from some of London’s best street food vendors.
Imperial Festival 2018
- Saturday 28 April, 12:00-18:00
- Sunday 29 April, 12:00-17:00
- South Kensington Campus, SW7 2AZ
Article text (excluding photos or graphics) © Imperial College London.
Photos and graphics subject to third party copyright used with permission or © Imperial College London.