Getting into Talks and Employer Led Skills Workshops are just two of the ways to find out more about employers, job sectors and opportunities!
The Careers Service provides you with an opportunity to explore a range of career options. Maybe you are curious about a sector you don’t know much about or you want to network with company representatives face to face and gain an insight into an interesting company. One of the Careers Service’s major roles is to expose you to an array of employers and to organise events which give you the opportunity to learn more about the career paths open to you or explore an option you hadn’t thought about before.
Register your JobsLive account to get updates about new events straight to your inbox!
Getting into Talks
Learn more about the huge diversity of occupations that may be open to you. These talks are usually held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12.00 – 13.00 or 13.00 – 14.00 in the autumn and spring terms, last for 50 minutes, and are delivered by professionals from a range of sectors and industries. They are an ideal way to learn about different career areas and learn about the recruitment processes and career paths that you can follow.
Talks this term include:
- Getting into Consulting with The Boston Consulting Group – Tuesday 12 October
- HSBC Getting Into Global Banking and Markets – Thursday 14 October
- Getting into Hardware with ARM Ltd – Tuesday 19 October
- Getting into Postgraduate Study I the USA with the Fulbright Commission – Thursday 21 October
Employer Led Skills Workshops
Develop your understanding of the skills typically sought by graduate employers. Wednesdays from 14.30 – 16.30 in the autumn and spring terms.
These sessions aim to develop your commercial awareness and business acumen, at the same time as improving your understanding of the skills typically sought by graduate employers and preparing you for the recruitment process. Each session is two-hours long and primarily targeted at penultimate and final year students.
Skills workshops this term include:
- Case Study Exercises with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) – Wednesday 13 October
- FTI Consulting Damages Workshop – Wednesday 20 October
- Lean and continuous improvement methodologies in consulting with the Kaizen Institute – Wednesday 27 October
Article text (excluding photos or graphics) © Imperial College London.
Photos and graphics subject to third party copyright used with permission or © Imperial College London.