STUDENT APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN- Cohort 3 (Intake October 2021)
Please note due to the spread of COVID-19 and its societal implications, interviews will be held on a virtual platform.
Applications are invited for at least 12 project studentships funded by EPSRC CDT (rEaCt) to start October 2021.
Please click here to VIEW SUMMARIES OF THE PROJECTS AVAILABLE.
Applicants should hold or expect to obtain a first or upper-second class honours degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field. A Master’s degree in one of the above fields is an essential requirement.
How To Apply
To apply, please email the EPSRC CDT with the following documents in PDF format.
- An up to date CV
- A copy of all transcripts
- A cover letter (please indicate here if you have any additional information you'd like the panel to take into consideration)
- Full contact details of two referees
- List of up to three projects of interest from the projects currently available
Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Interviews for Cohort 3 (Intake 2021) will commence in November 2020 and continue until we have filled in all available places.
Application and Selection Process
Please note that vailable studentships will be released - via Imperial College and FindAPhD.com around October/November of each year.
Please note that the offer at Stage 4 is subject to students qualifying the eligibility check with Admissions.
Full funding is available to Home Students.
EU and EEA students who are recruited and start from AY 2021/22 onwards, will become international students. EU and overseas/international students are welcome to apply. The CDT studentship will be awarded at the Home rate to all succesful candidates
Overseas students with full funding are welcome to apply.
1. EPSRC funding
Fully funded EPSRC/UKRI CDT studentships are available for Home Students and international students (at Home rate).
A fully funded studentship covers tuition fees (Home rate) and stipend at the UKRI rate (plus London allowance).
2. Industrial funding
We have a limited number of fully-funded industry projects available. These will provide an equivalent level of funding to the full EPSRC award and are open to Home and EU applicants.
3. International students and Others
International students will be eligible for all UKRI-funded postgraduate studentships from the start of the 2021/22 academic year. Tuition fees will be covered at the Home rate.
International candidates with their own funding can also be considered for a place in the CDT programme, but must first contact supervisor(s) to develop their own project.
- For students who wish to self-fund, details of tuition fees and financial support can be found on the Student Finance page.
- For those who are ineligible for funding but would still like to apply, alternative funding opportunities can be found on the Scholarships & Awards page.
- In addition to this, the President’s PhD Scholarships entry is now open for applicants for intake 2021. The CDT is able align scholarship recipients to the CDT programme.
For further information, please contact the CDT Programme Manager Jinata Subba.