The NDE group is located in room 563, on the 5th floor of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Imperial College. Please note that due to construction work due for completion in December, the office is only accessable from the Business School or Level 1 of the City and Guilds Building.
The department's full address is:
The Department of Mechanical Engineering
Imperial College London
A South Kensington map is available; the Mechanical Engineering building is number 28. The main entrance to the department is through the main college entrance on Exhibition Road and on the left after passing the main reception desk. The lifts can be found on the right as you walk further into the department.
A street map of South Kensington is also available.
There are a range of transport options within easy walking distance of the group, primarily South Kensington tube station and a number of bus stops. The best source of information is Transport for London's excellent Journey Planner.
Some of the options are summarised below.
How to find us
From Heathrow airport
Take the Underground (Piccadilly Line) to South Kensington station (50 minutes travelling time).
From Gatwick airport
Take a train to Victoria station (journey time 40 minutes) and then by Underground, (Circle or District Line; westbound) to South Kensington.
Both airports are some distance from central London and a taxi is not recommended for the whole journey. However, if you have to do so, establish the cost before you get in.
From St Pancras International / King's Cross take the Piccadilly Line to South Kensington station, the campus is only a five minute walk. Either follow the subway signposted to the museums or walk north up Exhibition Road. The College is next to the Science Museum.
From South Kensington station, the campus is only a five minute walk. Either follow the subway signposted to the museums or walk north up Exhibition Road. The College is next to the Science Museum.
South Kensington Campus is easily accessible by bus. A number of routes pass within easy walking distance of the campus. Please see the selection below for more information:
- 9 Aldwych - Hammersmith Broadway, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
- 10 Kings Cross Station - Hammersmith Broadway, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
- 52 Victoria Bus Station - Willesden Bus Garage, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
- 360 Elephant and Castle Station - Prince Consort Rd, alight at Prince Consort Rd
- 14 Tottenham Court Road - Putney Heath, alight at South Kensington Station
- 49 Battersea Rise - Shepherd's Bush Grn, alight at South Kensington Station
- 70 Acton - South Kensington Station, alight at South Kensington Station
- 74 Baker Street Station - Putney, alight at South Kensington Station
- 345 Peckham Bus Station - South Kensington Station, alight at South Kensington Station
- 414 Maida Vale - Putney Bridge, alight at South Kensington Station
Car parking at the South Kensington campus is severely restricted and you are advised NOT to bring a car unless permission has been given (a visitor spot can be booked under extenuating circumstances). At certain times the car park is open to the paying public - see Parking for the public. Parking in the streets surrounding the College is at pay and display or parking meters for limited periods only.