Expression of interest
Choosing to do a PhD is a big decision. You may ask yourself whether your qualification or background is suitable, whether years of study is appropriate for your circumstances, and how successfully you will adapt to a new environment and new people.
At the Centre for Doctoral Training in Nuclear Energy Futures we believe that anyone that satisfies our eligibility criteria and has a genuine interest in nuclear energy is welcome, and that our diversity and inclusivity is integral to the success of our programme and its people.
If you are interested in applying to our programme but perhaps have doubts or reservations that prevent you from doing so, please do get in touch with us using the form at the foot of this page. Your query will be submitted anonymously by our Project Manager, Jonathan Tate, to the admissions panel or most appropriate person for your query. The guidance will then be forwarded back to you by Jonathan either via e-mail or over the phone.
Below are some example questions that the below Expression of Interest form can be used for. Please note that we will not reply to questions about funding and scholarships. These questions are answered on the CDT programme page; if you are still in doubt please contact email@example.com directly.
- I have social anxiety and I am concerned about how successfully I will integrate into the cohort. What support is available?
- I am from a minority background and I am worried I will feel out of place in a STEM environment. How can can you help me address this concern?
- Due to personal circumstances I only want to study at one of the universities in the consortium. Can I still apply?
- I am a mature student and I am concerned about how easy it will be able to mix with my peers. How can you help me address this concern?
- I am unsure whether my academic background is suitable for the programme. Is it even worth applying?
- I don't feel good enough for this programme. Can you assure me that there is the support available for me to succeed?
- I really want to join this programme but my personal circumstances mean I can't commit as much time as I like. What options are available?
- I have a disability and I will need some reasonable adjustments to be made to participate fully in the programme. How will you make these reasonable adjustments?