About the COVID-19 Contact Tracing Hub
Imperial’s COVID-19 Contact Tracing Hub (CCT Hub) supports staff and students and complements the NHS Test and Trace service.
The CCT Hub is here to help you if:
- you are experiencing or displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- you’ve had a positive test result for COVID-19 or
- you’ve been in close contact with someone who has the virus.
Information the CCT Hub will need
You will need to provide the CCT Hub with information to assist with contact tracing. The CCT Hub is run by the College’s Occupational Health department and patient data will be kept confidential. Find out more here:
The online questionnaire
We’ll ask you to complete some basic details about yourself – your name, CID, department, when you last attended on campus, details of specific locations visited, whether you live in College accommodation.
If you have symptoms (high temperature, continuous cough, loss of smell or taste) we’ll ask when these started.
If you indicate you have multiple close contacts, the CCT Hub will ask you to complete a spreadsheet to provide details of these close contacts.
This means people you have:
- shared accommodation with (including College accommodation with shared kitchen/bathroom facilities or private student accommodation)
- had intimate physical or sexual contact with
- been within 2 metres for 15 minutes or more
- been within 1 metre for more than one minute regardless of wearing a face covering
- had face-to-face contact (within 1 metre) including being coughed on
- had skin-to-skin physical contact
- travelled in a small vehicle with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or in a large vehicle or plane near someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
We won’t ask you to specify how someone is a close contact – we'll just ask you to provide their name and contact details.
How will the data I provide be used?
The data you submit in the questionnaire will be reviewed by the CCT Hub team, which consists of clinical and administrative staff working to specific protocols to undertake effective contact tracing.
The CCT Hub team will get in touch with your close College contacts and ask them to self-isolate for 10 days. If you are awaiting a test result you will need to update the CCT Hub so your close contacts can be advised to a) continue to isolate or b) resume normal life. We won’t share your name when we do this.
We will be contacting your department to notify them that you have symptoms/tested positive. Your name will be shared in a confidential manner.
Data collected as part this process will be processed in accordance with the relevant Student or Staff Privacy notice and to assist the College in decision making / planning as shown on the COVID-19 Safety Guidance website. Such activities will be done in an anonymized fashion whereby all reporting both internally and externally will include information that cannot identify any specific individual.
Staff contacted by the CCT Hub for support
If you are contacted by the CCT Hub for support with contact tracing, please provide them with the information they ask for, and forward messages to students promptly if requested. Look out for emails from email@example.com .