The staff recruitment project aims to fulfil a key strategic aim of the College to build a supportive, inclusive and highly motivated staff community across all disciplines, functions and activities.
The Recruitment Project aims to transform the recruitment process to improve the candidate, recruiter and academic support staff experience.
The project will implement a new recruitment system, a new candidate portal, a streamlined process and changes to job roles with the creation of a new Recruitment Administrator role to support the end to end process. The implementation of the new recruitment system known as Talentlink will be replacing the old system commonly known as iRecruitment. Talentlink will be fully up and running by 31 October 2017.
Plan ahead - Important information
There will be a two week pause from midnight 13 October to midnight 30 October when no new jobs can be advertised. For tier 2 / 5, no new jobs can be advertised from 2 October to 30 October. Jobs advertised before these dates must close for applications by midnight 30 October.
Planning on a big or long running campaign in the autumn? Check the transition to Talentlink timelines and speak with your Senior HR Manager.
Recruitment Administrator Training
• Introduction to TalentLink presentation for all Recruitment Administrators on 6 and 13 September. Invitations will be sent by 25 August.
• Recruitment Administrator TalentLink training has now being scheduled. If you will be undertaking the role of Recruitment Administrator and haven’t received an invite, please contact the team immediately.
Impacts and benefits
For Hiring Managers
- An online request to recruit form owned by the Recruitment Administrator, an automated approval process, the ability to track the status of your recruitment at any given time and a streamlined hiring process
- Single recruitment administrator to support the end to end process
- Improves the way we attract, recruit and represent our College as an employer of choice
- New Recruitment Administrator role
- Online request to recruit form
- Track status of applications
- Reduced administration and paper work
- Automatic transfer of data into ICIS for successful candidates
- Improved access to ad hoc reports
- Eliminate duplication of data entry
- A seamlessly integrated career portal provides an improved experience
- Jobs will be listed in search engines
- Accessibility requirements are met
- Career Site can be used in any device
- Career Site is mobile responsive
- Data protection compliance (GDPR)
- Track and assess the success of advertising and agency spend
- Capture diversity statistics through the candidate journey more easily and accurately
Project timelines and status
The new recruitment system, process and recruitment administrator (RA) role will launch late October 2017.
The transition will require a 2 week pause on advertising new posts from midnight 13 October to midnight 30 October. For tier 2 / 5, no new jobs can be advertised from 2 October to 30 October. Jobs advertised before these dates must close for applications by midnight 30 October.
If you are planning a recruitment campaign before November, check the transition timelines and plan accordingly.
- Recruitment Administrators will attend an Introduction to TalentLink presentation on 6 or 13 September.
- Recruitment Administrators will attend classroom training from mid September to late October.
- Recruitment Administrators will have access to online training as a support tool from mid-October.
- Hiring managers and Approvers will have access to online training from 9 October which they can undertake anytime and use as a refresher as required.