Engagement roadshows to provide each department with the opportunity to discuss the management of student and curricula data processing in Banner.
Find out more
- By email: SIMP Communications
- By phone: 020 7594 1068
- In person: Level 3, Sherfield Building, South Kensington Campus
We are taking a College-wide approach to implementing a new student information system that is underpinned by administrative processes to support academic and student administration.
The transition from the current Oracle Student System (OSS) central student records system to the new College-wide Banner student information system will bring about changes for Departments in the way that student and curricula data is held, viewed and managed.
Department staff will experience dual manual and web-based operational administration processes across different systems as we transition to using Banner fully to manage students on the 2019/20 modules that have been agreed for current curricula through the Academic Model and for new curricula through Curriculum Review. Banner has replaced OSS in support of applicants who are applying for 2019/20 study. In 2019 Banner will be further extended to support pre-enrolment activities for these new students, as well as registration and enrolment for current on-course students who are continuing their studies in the 2019/20 academic year.
The Department Roadshow will provide each department with the opportunity to discuss the management of student and curricula data processing in relation to:
- how taught activity will be structured in Banner and the relationship with local system data processing
- the manual and web-based administrative processes to support the management of student registration on Academic Model and new Curricula modules, and programme, module and status changes at the point when changes occur
- the need for and impact of an Academic Calendar for defined start and end date teaching periods
- the student and staff experience during the 2019 transition timelines.
Student Journey Department Roadshow slides available for download and reference.
March Student Record Newsletter available for access.
April Student Record Newsletter available for access.
May Student Record Newsletter available for access.
Department Change Contacts
We are collecting department key contacts to coordinate communication and engagement regarding the changes involved with transitioning to Banner. Please send nominees to SIMP Communications.
Department Change Workshops
Workshops are taking place to inform and support the changes as we transition to Banner. Invites have been sent to nominated department contacts.
- Banner Student Data Access workshop slides
- My Imperial Students workshop slides
- Banner ICA Reporting workshop slides
- Results Return Workshop slides
- Integrations workshop slides
Department Access and Training
To request access to the Banner Student Enquiry Form or Imperial College Analytics (ICA) for student data reports, please complete the Banner Student Record and Reporting access form. The New User_Change User Access Request Form - Student Administration can be completed and submitted on behalf of multi-staff department members and emailed to email@example.com.
Department Training sessions will start from 2 May 2019 to demonstrate the staff Banner Student Enquiry Form, ICA reports and My Imperial, the student portal replacing eService. Please come along to any of the following sessions, there is no need to book.
Please see the Department Student Journey Demo - May 2019 slides.