The focus of the Student Journey is to enable an excellent College-wide student administration service through improved visibility of information and consistency of process. A key component of this is to establish a shared source of truth for student and curriculum data.
Student Journey overview
The new Banner student system will be used alongside CRM Recruit from Sept 2018 to support the 2018-19 admissions cycle. The full Banner student record will be brought into operation for the 2019-20 academic year, aligned to Curriculum Review, to provide a foundation for all information systems involving student data.
Implementing a consistent programme data structure across the College, supported through Banner, will enable:
- excellent College-wide student administration
- improved visibility of information
- consistency of process
- shared source of truth for student and curriculum data
- consistent and visible student module selection
- visible assessment expectations
- consistent timetable, transcript and handbook information
- improved transcripts
- reporting enhancements
- electronic programme specification and information
- reduction in the duplication of effort.
Student Journey update
A key aim of the Student Record project is to provide a shared source of programme and student information which can be trusted to provide the most accurate and up-to-date picture of all students at all stages of their progression.
To inform the build of the new Banner solution, nominated contacts in departments have recently validated 525 programmes, and will be approving information on over 3,500 modules by August 2018. This baseline curriculum information will enable departments to prepare for Curriculum Review, with Quality Assurance approvals of the new curriculum due by March 2019.
The Banner® Delivery Timeline provides an overview of activities.