Supporting academic and student administration to achieve the collation of high quality real-time information, together with the founding of an excellent student experience, supported by efficient administrative processes.
Find out more
- By email: SIMP Communications
- By phone: 020 7594 1068
- In person: Level 3, Sherfield Building, South Kensington Campus
The Student Journey project will establish a College-wide student information system, which will reflect the College's infrastructure, academic model, regulations and student activity. A key aim is to establish the new Banner student information system as the single source of truth for student and curriculum data, which will provide a foundation for all information systems involving student data.
Banner will reflect the College's transition to a new curriculum structure to provide a modular level student study view at the start of each academic year to help inform business and financial planning and to monitor student performance in-year and in real time. This in turn will provide an accurate overview of College teaching and research activity as well as insight and transparency on our student population.
Student Journey Phases Overview
Banner will replace OSS from January 2020 to enable creation and maintenance of student information, students to be registered against programmes and modules, entry of results, progression decisions and award information, provision of visa compliance services, tuition fees management, provision of documents, transcripts and certificates and submission of regulatory data to meet statutory reporting requirements (HESA).
Department staff will be able to access student information using the Banner Student Enquiry read-only form, modules using the searchable module catalogue, and manage module registrations directly into Banner. Reporting on student data will be provided through Imperial College Analytics (ICA).
Students will move from Student eService to My Imperial, the new student portal, for College registration and programme enrolment, access to their personal details, academic programme record and module results.
Enhancements to the Banner Student Enquiry Form for administrative staff, delivery of My Imperial PGR Milestones tracking and change of status request, graduation managment, emergency contact consent, and a new academic dashboard, will form part of the Phase 2 delivery during 2020.
College-wide provision for student module choice self-service, management of exam, assessment and progression data and publication of a programme catalogue and specifications will follow in Phase 3.
Student Journey Outcomes
- A College-wide approach to student administration
- Replacement for the current OSS system via provision of an enhanced student records system
- Create and maintain student information
- Migrate data of current students into Banner
- College-wide provision of single source of data truth
- Replacement for the current OSS system integrations
- Provision of a temporary data federation to local systems
- Enable staff to access Banner data via ICA reports
- Enable departmental staff to access read-only student information
- College transition to modular student study via creation and maintenance of curriculum information
- Enable departmental staff to access a searchable module catalogue
- Register students against programmes and modules
- Enter results, progression decisions and award information
- Enable student self service access to information via an online portal
- Module class list record
- Provide visa compliance services
- Update tuition fees
- Provide official documents to students
- Produce transcripts and certificates
- Efficient submission of regulatory data to meet statutory reporting requirements (HESA)
- Single source of truth for module class list record
- Module class list record management
- Graduation management
- Efficient submission of regulatory data
- Enhanced student self service capability
- Academic dashboard
- Enhanced administrative dashboard
- High quality trusted student information and insight
- PGR milestones tracking
- Student change of status request
- Emergency contact consent
- College-wide provision for management of exam, assessment and progression data
- Student self-service module registrations
- Publication of programme catalogue
- Online programme specifications
- Frictionless student administration experience