Supporting academic and student administration to achieve the collation of high quality real-time information, together with the founding of an excellent student experience, supported by efficient administrative processes.
Find out more
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: +44 (0) 20 7594 1068
- In person: Level 3, Sherfield Building, South Kensington Campus
The Student Journey project will establish a College-wide student information system, which will reflect the College's infrastructure, academic model, regulations and student activity. A key aim is to establish the new Banner student information system as the single source of truth for student and curriculum data, which will provide a foundation for all information systems involving student data.
Banner will reflect the College's transition to a new curriculum structure to provide a modular level student study view at the start of each academic year to help inform business and financial planning and to monitor student performance in-year and in real time. This in turn will provide an accurate overview of College teaching and research activity as well as insight and transparency on our student population.
Student Journey Project Overview
The College is introducing modules agreed through the Academic Model for 2019/20 whilst undertaking a Curriculum Review. Students will be registered on modules of study in Banner for the correct period of time for which they are being taught at the start of the 2019/20 academic year (October 2019 for the majority).
Module selection for students continuing from the 2018/19 to the 2019/20 academic year will be allocated via Department local systems and processes. Departments will be requested to provide module selections to Registry to be entered into Banner for the start of session. Student module choice self-selection using Banner will follow from year 2 of Curriculum Review.
Student Journey Benefits
- Excellent College-wide student administration
- Improved visibility of information
- Consistency of process
- Necessary level of detail for departments to undergo Curriculum Review
- Shared source of truth for student and curriculum data
- Consistent and visible student module selection
- Improved and timely operational and strategic reporting
- Visible assessment expectations
- Consistent timetable, transcript and handbook information
- Reporting enhancements
- Electronic programme specification and information
- Reduction in the duplication of effort.