Paternity leave process
Below is a summary of the Paternity Leave Process. For more information please refer to the Paternity and maternity support leave policy [pdf] or speak to your line manager.
Paternity Leave Summary Process
Step 1 to 3
1. Staff member informs manager of their intention to take leave giving the required information
2. Staff member will need to complete the online paternity request form. A meeting with the HR Staff Hub can be arranged to discuss pay and leave entitlements.
3. The HR Staff Hub confirm rights in relation to leave, payment and dates of leave
Step 4 to 5
4. Line manager agrees how to stay in touch if staff member is also taking shared parental leave
5. The HR Staff Hub notify the Payroll team of staff member's leave plan
6. Individual commences paternity leave