Robotics - CO333
This module focuses on mobile robotics, emphasising practical algorithms for navigation, all based around real hardware and tested in the real world. Key elements are:
1) Wheeled locomotion, motor control, and motion calibration
2) Outward-looking sensors for behavioural control loops
3) Probabilistic localisation using particle filtering
4) Advanced use of sensors for place recognition, occupancy mapping and planning
5) An introduction to Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping.
This course is intensively practical, and all the key methods you learn will be tested on robots you build and program from scratch in groups using kits based around the Raspberry Pi single board computer and Lego Mindstorms components.