Arash's main research interests are in the area of computational fluid dynamics. Specifically developing computational frameworks to study:
- Turbulent under-expanded jets
- Gas dynamics and compressible flows
- Supercritical injection
- Cavitating flows and bubble dynamics
- Boiling and flash-boiling sprays
- In-cylinder engine flows and combustion
- Advanced propulsion systems
- Hydrogen-based energy systems
Arash is also interested in aerodynamics, turbomachinery and artificial neural networks (ANNs).
Supercritical injection modelling: density field of supercritical nitrogen at 136 K injected into a nitrogen filled ambient at 300 K and ~40 bar (LES with OpenFOAM and with real fluid equation of state and transport properties).
LES of an under-expanded air jet with NPR=4.2.
Density gradient of a Mach 7 air flow over a double wedge (OpenFOAM with fourth-order Runge-Kutta temporal discretization).
Flow around a bluff body with an incoming velocity of 60 m/s. Velocity vector visualisation with line integral convolution.