Qualification and Personal History
- PhD in Molecular Endocrinology 2002 (with Distinction), University Western Australia (Group of Prof. Karin Eidne)
- Postdoctoral work at University of California San Francisco) (2002-2007) (Group of Prof. Mark von Zastrow)
- Joined Imperial College London in August 2007 as a Research Team Leader (G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) Signalling Group) and Lecturer
Understanding fundamental cell biological mechanisms regulating G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) signal transduction and applying these mechanisms to understand the role of this superfamily of receptors in diverse physiological and pathophysiological systems.
- Molecular mechanisms regulating signal activation of the gonadotrophin hormone receptors (lutenizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone) via dimerization and membrane trafficking
- Role of prostglandin receptor action in the pregnant human myomterium and the signaling pathways involved in labour and pre-term labour
- Human chorionic gonadotrophin hormone action in human endometrium and reprogramming of receptor activity during differentitaion
- Role of free fatty receptors (GPR43 and GPR120) in gut-adipose axis and brown adipocyte function.
This work is funded by the Wellcome Trust, BBSRC and Genesis Research Trust.
West C, Hanyaloglu AC, 2015, Minireview: Spatial Programming of G Protein-Coupled Receptor Activity: Decoding Signaling in Health and Disease., Mol Endocrinol, Vol:29, Pages:1095-1106
et al., 2015, Single Molecule Analysis of Functionally Asymmetric G Protein-coupled Receptor (GPCR) Oligomers Reveals Diverse Spatial and Structural Assemblies, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol:290, ISSN:0021-9258, Pages:3875-3892
et al., 2015, Identification of transmembrane domains that regulate spatial arrangements and activity of prokineticin receptor 2 dimers., Mol Cell Endocrinol, Vol:399, Pages:362-372
et al., 2014, EP2 Receptor Activates Dual G Protein Signaling Pathways that Mediate Contrasting Proinflammatory and Relaxatory Responses in Term Pregnant Human Myometrium, Endocrinology, Vol:155, ISSN:0013-7227, Pages:605-617
et al., 2013, G Protein-Coupled Receptor Transactivation: From Molecules to Mice, Methods in Cell Biology, Vol:117, ISSN:0091-679X, Pages:433-450
Hanyaloglu AC, von Zastrow M, 2008, Regulation of GPCRs by Endocytic membrane trafficking and its potential implications, Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Vol:48, ISSN:0362-1642, Pages:537-568
et al., 2014, Spatially Restricted G Protein-coupled Receptor Activity via Divergent Endocytic Compartments, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol:289, ISSN:0021-9258, Pages:3960-3977
Jonas KC, Huhtaniemi I, Hanyaloglu AC, 2016, Single-molecule resolution of G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) complexes, Editor(s): Shukla, ELSEVIER ACADEMIC PRESS INC, Pages:55-72, ISBN:978-0-12-803595-5