Arnaud is a PhD researcher based at the Public Health Policy Evaluation Unit, School of Public Health, and notably interacts with the Grantham Institute. He joined Imperial after his MSc in Economics and Policy of Energy and the Environment at University College London. Arnaud also holds an MA in International Relations and a Diploma in Latin American Studies from the Lyon Institute of Political Studies.
Arnaud has work experience from the Council on Hemispheric Affairs (USA), Janaagraha Centre for Democracy and Citizenship (India) and the French Department for Energy and Climate. He also worked for two years as an operations analyst at KiWi Power, the UK’s leading demand response aggregator. In parallel to his PhD, he is a research assistant for the Grantham Institute at the London School of Economics, working on the Climate Change Laws of the World database. He is also a member of the International Association for Energy Economics.
Arnaud is interested in finding comprehensive pathways for open systems such as transport matrices, energy markets and material flows by interrelating different sustainable development goals while framing them in accordance to the Paris Agreement on climate change.
His PhD focuses on health and economic co-benefits of interventions to reduce transport related GHG emissions in populous middle income countries. He aims in particular at quantifying the effects on daily physical activity and exposure to air pollution of greener transport matrices according to urbanisation types, especially in Brazil, India and China.
- Koehl, A. 2020. Urban transport and COVID-19: challenges and prospects in low and middle-income countries. Cities & Health - Open access link
- Koehl, A. 2019. Combining climate, health and economic objectives in the transport systems of populous middle-income countries. Global Relations Forum - Publisher web link
- Koehl, A. 2020. Shaping the recovery from the Covid-19-induced worldwide crisis to build up resilience, maximise decarbonisation and transform urban transport. Global Relations Forum - Publisher web link
- Setzer, J. and Byrnes, R. 2020. Global trends in climate change litigation: 2020 snapshot. Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at LSE. Full text (PDF)
- Nachmany, M. and Mangan, E. 2018. Aligning national and international climate targets. Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at LSE. Full text (PDF)
- Nachmany, M. and Setzer, J. 2018. Global trends in climate change legislation and litigation: 2018 snapshot. Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at LSE. Full text (PDF) ; Annex of graphs (PDF)