PhD Studentships: Applications from students with an excellent academic background in any appropriate area of Engineering or Mathematics are strongly welcomed. PhD Funding is available from the Imperial College President's PhD Scholarship scheme:
This is a competitive application process, and potential PhD candidates should contact email@example.com to discuss potential research topics before applying. Please visit our lab homepage for a more detailed description of current research interests.
For the forthcoming academic year, applications are possible until 20th March 2020. However, early applications (before January 2020) will have a greater chance of success.
Post-doctoral Positions: I am happy to discuss supporting applications from excellent candidates holding, or expecting to obtain, a PhD in Engineering or Mathematics for an Imperial College Research Fellowship:
Funded Research Projects
- [EnAble]: Developing and Exploiting Intelligent Approaches for Turbulent Drag Reduction (EPSRC), 2020-2023
- [ConFlex]: Control of Flexible Structures and Fluid Structure Interactions (Horizon 2020 Marie Curie ITN), 2017-2021
- Extracting Coherent Structures using Optimal Mode Decomposition (EPSRC), 2016-2017
- Aeroservoelastic Optimization of Aircraft Wings with Load Alleviation System (AFRL/EOARD), 2014-2017
Current Group Members
- Ali Arslan (2019-present)
- Norberto Goizueta Alfaro (2018-present)
- Mohammad Beit-Sadi (2017-present)
Early Career Researchers
- Marc Artola-Magrams (2018-present)
- Arturo Munoz-Simon (2018-present)
Recent Former Members
- Jacob Broughton-Venner (2014-2018)
- Giovanni Fantuzzi (2014-2018)*
- Ubaid Qadri (2016-2017)**
- Jakub Krol (2013-2017)
- Rowan Brackston (2013-2017)
- Yinan Wang (2011-2015)
*Now Imperial College Research Fellow, Department of Aeronautics.
**Now Leverhulme Early Career Fellow, University of Cambridge.