Tutor, Mechanics. (Undergraduate)
Fracture Mechanics - ME3-HFFM
- To develop an understanding of the various aspects involved in the area of fracture mechanics
- To develop from first principles the basic ideas and equations needed for an understanding of fracture mechanics
- To define the advantages and disadvantages of this approach for studying the failure of materials and structures
- To indicate how the basic principles may be applied to a range of industrial problems and materials.
ECTS units: 6
Contributing to Course Elements: 6 to ME3-LCTVS or ME4-LCTVS
Associate Course Leader
Materials - ME1-HMATL
- To familiarise students with the basis for describing mechanical properties of engineering materials, and to introduce the concept and practice of materials selection;
- To highlight the basic details of the atomic phenomena which ultimately govern these properties;
- To develop an awareness of the properties and characteristics of the different classes of engineering materials;
- To provide practice in testing of materials and investigating the link between processing and mechanical properties, whilst improving students' written communication skills.
ECTS units: 5.5
Contributing to Course Elements: 5.0 to ME1-hMATL Materials, 0.5 to ME1-hCW Coursework