Environmental Management in Developing Countries - CI9-EE-09
- Gain insight and understanding of the inter-relationships between water, wastes and health in developing countries.
- Examine the issues of tropical public health, and study an introduction to epidemiology and water-borne, insect-borne and helminth diseases and their control in relation to water supply, sanitation and irrigation.
- Consider impacts of air pollution. Particular topics include the choice of water source and its protection, low-cost water treatment, distribution and storage, planning and design of low-cost sanitation, effluent re-use, and waste management and disposal in environmentally developing countries.
- Provide examples of field practice and case studies.
- Cover a broad range of multidisciplinary subject fields relevant to environmental management in developing countries.