The information presented here is just a brief summary. Visit the official carbonate research group website for full details: CarbonateResearch.com
- 2013-current: Senior Lecturer, Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, UK.
- 2008-2013: Lecturer, Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, UK.
- 2005-2008: Staff scientist, Integrated Ocean Drilling Program, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
- 2004-2005: Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Earth Sciences, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA.
- 2003 : Ph.D. (Dr. Rer. Nat.), magna cum laude, University of Potsdam, Germany.
- Clumped isotope geochemistry and thermal history of carbonate
- Continental margin sediment and shallow-water carbonates
- Magnitude, timing, and mechanism of global sea-level changes (Eustasy)
- Fluid flow and its impact on rock properties (diagenesis)
- Numerical modelling (forward model of sedimentation)
John CM, Bowen D, 2016, Community software for challenging isotope analysis: First applications of "Easotope' to clumped isotopes, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, Vol:30, ISSN:0951-4198, Pages:2285-2300
et al., 2016, Paired stable isotopes (O, C) and clumped isotope thermometry of magnesite and silica veins in the New Caledonia Peridotite Nappe, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol:183, ISSN:0016-7037, Pages:234-249
et al., 2007, Environmental precursors to rapid light carbon injection at the Palaeocene/Eocene boundary, Nature, Vol:450, ISSN:0028-0836, Pages:1218-U5
et al., 2008, North American continental margin records of the Paleocene-Eocene thermal maximum: Implications for global carbon and hydrological cycling, Paleoceanography, Vol:23, ISSN:0883-8305
John CM, Karner GD, Mutti M, 2004, delta O-18 and Marion Plateau backstripping: Combining two approaches to constrain late middle Miocene eustatic amplitude, Geology, Vol:32, ISSN:0091-7613, Pages:829-832
et al., 2007, The Palaeocene-Eocene carbon isotope excursion: constraints from individual shell planktonic foraminifer records, ROYAL SOC, Pages:1829-1842