Qualifications and Employment History
- BA in Natural Sciences (Part II Genetics), University of Cambridge, 1992.
- Postdoctoral work at London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK, 1996-1999.
- Joined Imperial College in 1999 as Lecturer and head of the Androgen Signalling Group in the Department of Oncology.
- Current position: Professor of Cancer Biology, Non-Clinical Head of Prostate Cancer Research in Department of Surgery & Cancer.
- Mechanisms of androgen receptor action.
- Androgen signalling in development and disease.
- Nuclear receptor coactivators and corepressors.
- Mechanisms of therapy resistance in hormone-dependent cancers.
- Novel therapies for prostate cancer.
- Discovery and validation of biomarkers for prostate cancer.
- Role of microRNAs in androgen signalling.
- BSc in Biomedical Science: Lecturer and Course Lead for Cancer Biology year 2
- Graduate Entry Medical Degree: Theme Lead for MCD (Molecules, Cells & Disease) year 1
- BSc in Biochemistry
- Project supervisor for MBBS BSc projects
Postgraduate Taught Courses
- MSc Molecular Medicine
- MRes Cancer Biology
- MSc Human Reproduction
- PhD project supervisor
- Masters project supervisor for MRes Cancer Biology, MSc Human Reproduction, MRes Biomedical Sciences, MSc Molecualr Medicine
- MSc Human Reproduction
Other College roles
Member of the 3Rs committee (College)
Member of the Postgraduate Education Committee for Surgery & Cancer
Member of the Academic Opportunities Committee for Surgery & Cancer
Member of the Student Withdrawals/Appeal panel (College)
Collaborators and External Committees
Please see "Research" tab above
et al., 2017, A novel role for GSK3 beta as a modulator of Drosha microprocessor activity and MicroRNA biogenesis, Nucleic Acids Research, Vol:45, ISSN:0305-1048, Pages:2809-2828
et al., 2017, Lipid profiling of complex biological mixtures by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry using a novel scanning quadrupole data-independent acquisition strategy, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, Vol:31, ISSN:0951-4198, Pages:1599-1606
et al., 2017, The prohibitin-repressive interaction with E2F1 is rapidly inhibited by androgen signalling in prostate cancer cells, Oncogenesis, Vol:6, ISSN:2157-9024
et al., 2017, Cell-lineage specificity and role of AP-1 in the prostate fibroblast androgen receptor cistrome, Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, Vol:439, ISSN:0303-7207, Pages:261-272
Bevan CL, 2016, WOMEN IN CANCER PROFILE: A gender agenda?, Endocr Relat Cancer, Vol:23, Pages:P5-P8