Heat and Mass Transport II - BE2-HHMT2
To provide a foundational introduction to transport phenomena, focussing on heat and mass transport in the context of biomedical engineering.
Cellular Biomechanics - BE9-MCBMX
To introduce the application of engineering principles and approaches towards the study of biomechanics and mechanotransduction in biology, bridging between the molecular, cellular, and tissue level scales, as relevant for biology, physiology, and medicine.
- To enable analysis of how mechanical forces regulate biological and physiological function
- To understand mechanotransduction across several levels of organization in physiological and pathological scenarios
- To allow understanding of the current techniques recently developed to mechanically manipulate biological entities
- To establish mathematical competence necessary to solve basic problems in biomechanics using constitutive modelling, stress analysis, energy conservation and scaling approximations.
- To establish experience in solving biomechanical problems over multiple length scales, bridging molecular, cellular and tissue-level biomechanics.