Clinical Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery. Has a clinical interest in HPB Surgery with a specific focus on minimally invasive techniques, the use of radiofrequency energy as a resection tool, cholangiocarcinomas and neuroendocrine tumours.
- BSc in Biochemistry, University of Southampton, 1985
- MB ChB, University of Birmingham, 1989
- FRCS (Eng), 1993
- FRCS (Gen Surg), 2002
- MD, University of London, 2006
- Molecular pathogenesis of cholangiocarcinomas to identify novel therapeutic targets.
- Early detection of cholangiocarcinomas using novel biomarkers
- Synthesis of novel molecular conjugates comprising chemotherapeutic agents and transporter molecules for targeted delivery to cholangiocarcinomas.
- Stellate cancer-associated fibroblasts contribution to chemoresistance of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- International Hepatopancreatobiliary Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- Module leader BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia (Module 1: Regeneration, repair and cancer control).
- BSc in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- MSc in Surgical Science
- MSc in Surgical Technology
- Whipps Cross Higher Surgery Course
- Supervising 2 PhD, 2 MSc and 1 MRes Projects
- Sub-editor of the Journal of HPB Surgery
et al., 2019, First-in-human, first-in-class phase I study of MTL-CEBPA, a RNA oligonucleotide targeting the myeloid cell master regulator C/EBP-alpha, in patients with advanced hepatocellular cancer (HCC), 44th Congress of the European-Society-for-Medical-Oncology (ESMO), OXFORD UNIV PRESS, Pages:168-+, ISSN:0923-7534
et al., 2019, To what extent can a closed loop audit initiative successfully influence clinical care and improve safety of handover in a tertiary referral teaching hospital, International Surgical Congress of the Association-of-Surgeons-of-Great-Britain-and-Ireland (ASGBI), WILEY, Pages:94-94, ISSN:0007-1323
et al., 2019, Cardiopulmonary exercise testing and major hepatobiliary surgery: An effective way to judge fitness for surgery?, International Surgical Congress of the Association-of-Surgeons-of-Great-Britain-and-Ireland (ASGBI), WILEY, Pages:68-69, ISSN:0007-1323
et al., 2019, A Retrospective Analysis of Portal Vein Embolisation In A Tertiary Hepato Pancreato Biliary Centre, International Surgical Conference of the Association-of-Surgeons-in-Training (ASIT), WILEY, Pages:74-74, ISSN:0007-1323
et al., 2019, Can a virtual clinic reduce waiting times and improve patient satisfaction in a tertiary referral teaching hospital, International Surgical Congress of the Association-of-Surgeons-of-Great-Britain-and-Ireland (ASGBI), WILEY, Pages:77-77, ISSN:0007-1323