Clinical Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery. Has a clinical interest in HPB Surgery with a specific focus on minimally invasive techniques, the use of radiofrequency energy as a resection tool, cholangiocarcinomas and neuroendocrine tumours.
- BSc in Biochemistry, University of Southampton, 1985
- MB ChB, University of Birmingham, 1989
- FRCS (Eng), 1993
- FRCS (Gen Surg), 2002
- MD, University of London, 2006
- Molecular pathogenesis of cholangiocarcinomas to identify novel therapeutic targets.
- Early detection of cholangiocarcinomas using novel biomarkers
- Synthesis of novel molecular conjugates comprising chemotherapeutic agents and transporter molecules for targeted delivery to cholangiocarcinomas.
- Stellate cancer-associated fibroblasts contribution to chemoresistance of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- International Hepatopancreatobiliary Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- Module leader BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia (Module 1: Regeneration, repair and cancer control).
- BSc in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- MSc in Surgical Science
- MSc in Surgical Technology
- Whipps Cross Higher Surgery Course
- Supervising 2 PhD, 2 MSc and 1 MRes Projects
- Sub-editor of the Journal of HPB Surgery
et al., 2020, MTL-CEBPA, a Small Activating RNA Therapeutic Upregulating C/EBP-α, in Patients with Advanced Liver Cancer: A First-in-Human, Multicenter, Open-Label, Phase I Trial., Clin Cancer Res, Vol:26, ISSN:1078-0432, Pages:3936-3946
et al., 2020, No difference in mortality among ALPPS, two-staged hepatectomy, and portal vein embolization/ligation: A systematic review by updated traditional and network meta-analyses., Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int, ISSN:1499-3872
et al., 2020, Radiofrequency combined with immunomodulation for hepatocellular carcinoma: State of the art and innovations, World Journal of Gastroenterology, Vol:26, ISSN:1007-9327, Pages:2040-2048
et al., 2020, Quality Improvement Project: Improving the External Referrals Service of the Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) Surgery in a Tertiary Centre, International Surgical Conference of the Association-of-Surgeons-in-Training, WILEY, Pages:187-187, ISSN:0007-1323
et al., 2020, First-in-human phase I trial of small activating RNA (saRNA) oligonucleotide MTL-CEBPA in combination with sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium of the American-Society-of-Clinical-Oncology, AMER SOC CLINICAL ONCOLOGY, ISSN:0732-183X