Clinical Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery. Has a clinical interest in HPB Surgery with a specific focus on minimally invasive techniques, the use of radiofrequency energy as a resection tool, cholangiocarcinomas and neuroendocrine tumours.
- BSc in Biochemistry, University of Southampton, 1985
- MB ChB, University of Birmingham, 1989
- FRCS (Eng), 1993
- FRCS (Gen Surg), 2002
- MD, University of London, 2006
- Molecular pathogenesis of cholangiocarcinomas to identify novel therapeutic targets.
- Early detection of cholangiocarcinomas using novel biomarkers
- Synthesis of novel molecular conjugates comprising chemotherapeutic agents and transporter molecules for targeted delivery to cholangiocarcinomas.
- Stellate cancer-associated fibroblasts contribution to chemoresistance of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- International Hepatopancreatobiliary Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- Module leader BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia (Module 1: Regeneration, repair and cancer control).
- BSc in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- MSc in Surgical Science
- MSc in Surgical Technology
- Whipps Cross Higher Surgery Course
- Supervising 2 PhD, 2 MSc and 1 MRes Projects
- Sub-editor of the Journal of HPB Surgery
et al., 2019, Polymorphisms in natural killer cell receptor protein 2D (NKG2D) as a risk factor for Cholangiocarcinoma, Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology, Vol:9, ISSN:0973-6883, Pages:171-175
et al., 2019, Can we predict long-term survival in resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma?, Oncotarget, Vol:10, ISSN:1949-2553, Pages:696-706
et al., 2018, A systematic review and meta-analysis comparing liver resection with the rf-based device habib (TM)-4x with the clamp-crush technique, Cancers, Vol:10, ISSN:2072-6694, Pages:1-17
et al., 2018, Profile of exhaled-breath volatile organic compounds to diagnose pancreatic cancer, British Journal of Surgery, Vol:105, ISSN:1365-2168, Pages:1493-1500
et al., 2018, Radiofrequency-assisted liver resection: Technique and results, Surgical Oncology, Vol:27, ISSN:0960-7404, Pages:415-420