Predictive Control - ELEC97070
Predictive Control - ELEC97071
Circuits Signals and Systems - AERO95004
- To provide students with an understanding of circuit analysis and circuit design methods using fundamental electrical components.
- To provide students with the fundamental concepts in signals and systems, and how these concepts can be useful in aeronautics, as well as a wide variety of other disciplines and engineering applications.
- To provide students with an understanding of how signals and systems can be analysed in both the time and frequency domains, thereby allowing students to take advantage of the complementary insights and tools that these different perspectives offer.
- To provide an essential foundation for the core course AE3-302 Control Systems, which focuses on the analysis and design of the behaviour of feedback control systems.
Control Systems - AERO96002
- To provide students with the fundamental concepts in the analysis and design of automatic control systems for use in a wide range of technologies (not just Aeronautics, but also Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Finance, Biology, etc.)
- To introduce some applications of control systems in the aerospace industry.
- To provide a framework and language to communicate with professional control engineers in their terms about control issues.
- To introduce the student to using industry-standard software, such as Matlab and Simulink, for control system analysis and design.