- Theory and simulation of ultrafast excitation in materials.
- Coherent phonon generation.
- Thermal transport.
- Phonon-phonon and electron-phonon scattering.
- VDW interactions in density functional theory.
- PhD in Physics from University College Cork, Ireland.
- BSc in Physics from University College Cork, Ireland.
Course Material Links:
- MSE 404: Modelling Materials with Density Functional Theory - Labs
- Intro to Scientific Computing (incorporating the previous Intro to Linux material)
- Intro to C++
- Intro to Mathematica
et al., 2017, Ferroelectric phase transition and the lattice thermal conductivity of Pb1-xGexTe alloys, Physical Review B, Vol:95, ISSN:2469-9950
et al., 2016, The origin of incipient ferroelectricity in lead telluride, Nature Communications, Vol:7, ISSN:2041-1723
Fahy S, Murray ED, Reis DA, 2016, Resonant squeezing and the anharmonic decay of coherent phonons, Physical Review B, Vol:93, ISSN:2469-9950
et al., 2016, Broadband phonon scattering in PbTe-based materials driven near ferroelectric phase transition by strain or alloying, Physical Review B, Vol:93, ISSN:2469-9950
Murray ED, Fahy S, 2015, First-Principles Calculation of Femtosecond Symmetry-Breaking Atomic Forces in Photoexcited Bismuth, Physical Review Letters, Vol:114, ISSN:0031-9007