- Theory and simulation of ultrafast excitation in materials.
- Coherent phonon generation.
- Thermal transport.
- Phonon-phonon and electron-phonon scattering.
- VDW interactions in density functional theory.
- PhD in Physics from University College Cork, Ireland.
- BSc in Physics from University College Cork, Ireland.
Course Material Links:
et al., 2018, Direct Measurement of Anharmonic Decay Channels of a Coherent Phonon, Physical Review Letters, Vol:121, ISSN:0031-9007
et al., 2018, Coupling between acoustic and soft transverse optical phonons leads to negative thermal expansion of GeTe near the ferroelectric phase transition, Physical Review B, Vol:97, ISSN:2469-9950
et al., 2017, Ferroelectric phase transition and the lattice thermal conductivity of Pb1-xGexTe alloys, Physical Review B, Vol:95, ISSN:2469-9950
et al., 2016, The origin of incipient ferroelectricity in lead telluride, Nature Communications, Vol:7, ISSN:2041-1723
Fahy S, Murray ED, Reis DA, 2016, Resonant squeezing and the anharmonic decay of coherent phonons, Physical Review B, Vol:93, ISSN:2469-9950