Tutor, 1M Mechatronics. (Undergraduate)
Mechatronics - ME2-HMTX
- To demystify electronics and control - through hands-on experience of building electronic systems and of using the instrumentation needed to see how they behave.
- To develop understanding of, and an ability to use, some of the analogue electronic stages used in instrumentation and control systems - in particular:
- 'front ends' which generate voltage signals from changes detected by sensors
- stages for processing (e.g. adding, differentiating or filtering) these signals
- circuits for amplifying signals to drive output devices (e.g. a meter, motor or switch)
- To introduce the concepts, advantages and potential problems of closed-loop control using analogue and digital controllers.
- To familiarise students with the basic vocabulary needed to understand the technical literature of mechatronic systems and to communicate with specialists in the field.
ECTS units: 5.5
Contributing to Course Elements: 5.0 to ME2-hMTX Mechatronics, 0.5 to ME2-hCW Coursework