I have worked for Imperial College since 2004 developing and overseeing system to govern the regulatory and ethics requirements for healthcare research. For the past 18 months I have had the additional role of overseeing the same activity for Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
I manage a team dedicated to:
- Oversee, facilitate and manage the healthcare research portfolio of the College and NHS Trust
- Ensure the College and its researchers are compliant with regulation and ethics requirements governing healthcare research
- Reduce and manage exposure to risk on an organisational and individual project level
- Work with Investigators and associated NHS Trusts to enable the design and conduct of healthcare research
- Advise on insurance requrements and restrictions
- Provide training and guidance in research governance
- Assist associated NHS Trusts with pharmacovigilance
- Enhance communication between study partners and administrative services
- Provide an environment that is attractive to funding agencies seeking to place healthcare research
We welcome enquiries regarding ethics, regulatory, organisational approval and oversight relating to our sites and portfolio.