Heather is part of the Liaison team in the Central Library and a team of librarians supporting the Business School and School of Professional Development. Her role is to provide support for the learning, teaching and research activities of these schools, which includes the Centre for Languages, Culture and Communication, and Educational Development.
This support is delivered in part via information literacy teaching sessions and one-to-one appointments. Staff and students are welcome to contact her by email or phone with any query on finding information and using the library. Areas of help given include:
- Finding information for Assignments, Final Projects, and Research
- Using search tools such as the Library Search, databases, search engines and other online resources.
- Evaluating information especially information found on the internet for academic research.
- Using reference management software such as RefWorks.
- Avoiding plagiarism and how to reference appropriately.
- Keeping up to date in your research area.
Working with the Liaison team, Heather is also responsible for ensuring the library collections, both online and print, meet the teaching and research needs of both schools and she works closely with them to ensure this.The team are also responsible for the Library's Special Collections and the Haldane Cultural and Recreational Collection. Please contact her if you would like to sugest a new resource.