With broad research interests in fluid mechanics and nonlinear acoustics embracing both computational and theoretical aspects, my current focus is on stochastic fluid dynamics and complex ocean flows. I also study efficient and robust absorbing boundary conditions for nonlinear equations, as well as high-performance numerical methods for large scientific problems.
msC and urop opportunities
- Nonlinear optimization in ocean modelling
- Vortex dynamics in the ocean
- Stochastic parameterisations for ocean models
- Stability analysis of turbulent oceanic flows
- Multiscale energy transfers in the ocean
- Modelling the ocean with primitive equations
- Large scale low-frequecny variability of the ocean
- Absorbing boundary conditions for nonlinear wave phenomena
Please contact me directly if you have your own ideas for the research project.
et al., 2020, Tracer-based estimates of eddy-induced diffusivities, Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, Vol:160, ISSN:0967-0637, Pages:1-8
Kaltenbacher B, Shevchenko I, 2019, Well-posedness of the Westervelt equation with higher order absorbing boundary conditions, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol:479, ISSN:0022-247X, Pages:1595-1617
et al., 2019, Numerically modelling stochastic lie transport in fluid dynamics, Siam Journal on Scientific Computing, Vol:17, ISSN:1064-8275, Pages:192-232