With broad research interests in fluid mechanics and nonlinear acoustics embracing both computational and theoretical aspects, my current focus is on stochastic fluid dynamics and complex ocean flows. I also study efficient and robust absorbing boundary conditions for nonlinear equations, as well as high-performance numerical methods for large scientific problems.
msC and urop opportunities
- Nonlinear optimization in ocean modelling
- Vortex dynamics in the ocean
- Stochastic parameterisations for ocean models
- Stability analysis of turbulent oceanic flows
- Multiscale energy transfers in the ocean
- Modelling the ocean with primitive equations
- Large scale low-frequecny variability of the ocean
- Absorbing boundary conditions for nonlinear wave phenomena
Please contact me directly if you have your own ideas for the research project.
Kaltenbacher B, Shevchenko I, 2019, Well-posedness of the Westervelt equation with higher order absorbing boundary conditions, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, ISSN:0022-247X
et al., Numerically Modelling Stochastic Lie Transport in Fluid Dynamics, Siam Journal on Scientific Computing, ISSN:1064-8275
Govorukhin V, Shevchenko I, Multiple equilibria, bifurcations and selection scenarios in cosymmetricproblem of thermal convection in porous medium, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, ISSN:0167-2789
Shevchenko I, Berloff P, 2017, On the roles of baroclinic modes in eddy-resolving midlatitude ocean dynamics, Ocean Modelling, Vol:111, ISSN:1463-5011, Pages:55-65