With broad research interests in fluid mechanics and nonlinear acoustics embracing both computational and theoretical aspects, my current focus is on stochastic fluid dynamics and complex ocean flows. I also study efficient and robust absorbing boundary conditions for nonlinear equations, as well as high-performance numerical methods for large scientific problems.
msC and urop opportunities
- Stochastic parameterisations for ocean models
- Stability analysis of turbulent oceanic flows
- Multiscale oceanic energetics
- Large scale low-frequecny variability of the ocean
- Modelling the ocean with primitive equations
- Absorbing boundary conditions for nonlinear wave equations
- Bifurcation analysis of dynamical systems with degenerative solutions
Please contact me directly if you have your own ideas for the research project.
et al., Modelling uncertainty using circulation-preserving stochastic transport noise in a 2-layer quasi-geostrophic model
Govorukhin V, Shevchenko I, Multiple equilibria, bifurcations and selection scenarios in cosymmetricproblem of thermal convection in porous medium, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, ISSN:0167-2789
Shevchenko I, Berloff P, 2017, On the roles of baroclinic modes in eddy-resolving midlatitude ocean dynamics, Ocean Modelling, Vol:111, ISSN:1463-5003, Pages:55-65
Shevchenko I, Berloff P, 2016, Eddy Backscatter and Counter-Rotating Gyre Anomalies of Midlatitude Ocean Dynamics, Fluids, Vol:1, ISSN:2311-5521