- Reader in Remote Sensing, Imperial College
- Senior Lecturer, Imperial College 2002 - 2008
- Research Lecturer (Research Fellow), Imperial College 1996-2002
- Research Associate in Remote Sensing, Imperial College 1991-1996
- PhD Remote Sensing and Image Processing, Imperial College 1988-1991
- Lecturer. Remote Sensing Lab, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, China. 1982-1988
- MSc Remote Sensing in Geology, China University of Geosciences, Beijing, P. R. China. 1979-1982
Recent Measures of Esteem
- Scientific Committee member for IGARSS (International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium) since 2008.
- The first author of a popular textbook: Essential Image Processing and GIS for Remote Sensing published by Wiley and Blackwell, 2009.
- Reviewer for more than 20 internationally recognised journals.
et al., 2019, Automatically Locate Tropical Cyclone Centers Using Top Cloud Motion Data Derived From Geostationary Satellite Images, Ieee Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol:57, ISSN:0196-2892, Pages:10175-10190
et al., 2019, Phase Correlation Decomposition: The Impact of Illumination Variation for Robust Subpixel Remotely Sensed Image Matching, Ieee Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol:57, ISSN:0196-2892, Pages:6710-6725
et al., 2019, Top Cloud Motion Field of Typhoon Megi-2016 Revealed by GF-4 Images, Ieee Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol:57, ISSN:0196-2892, Pages:4427-4444
et al., 2019, Avian surface reconstruction in free flight with application to flight stability analysis of a barn owl and peregrine falcon, Journal of Experimental Biology, Vol:222, ISSN:0022-0949
et al., 2019, An Illumination-Invariant Change Detection Method Based on Disparity Saliency Map for Multitemporal Optical Remotely Sensed Images, Ieee Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol:57, ISSN:0196-2892, Pages:1311-1324