- Reader in Remote Sensing, Imperial College
- Senior Lecturer, Imperial College 2002 - 2008
- Research Lecturer (Research Fellow), Imperial College 1996-2002
- Research Associate in Remote Sensing, Imperial College 1991-1996
- PhD Remote Sensing and Image Processing, Imperial College 1988-1991
- Lecturer. Remote Sensing Lab, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, China. 1982-1988
- MSc Remote Sensing in Geology, China University of Geosciences, Beijing, P. R. China. 1979-1982
Recent Measures of Esteem
- Scientific Committee member for IGARSS (International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium) since 2008.
- The first author of a popular textbook: Essential Image Processing and GIS for Remote Sensing published by Wiley and Blackwell, 2009.
- Reviewer for more than 20 internationally recognised journals.