- Reader in Remote Sensing, Imperial College
- Senior Lecturer, Imperial College 2002 - 2008
- Research Lecturer (Research Fellow), Imperial College 1996-2002
- Research Associate in Remote Sensing, Imperial College 1991-1996
- PhD Remote Sensing and Image Processing, Imperial College 1988-1991
- Lecturer. Remote Sensing Lab, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, China. 1982-1988
- MSc Remote Sensing in Geology, China University of Geosciences, Beijing, P. R. China. 1979-1982
Recent Measures of Esteem
- Scientific Committee member for IGARSS (International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium) since 2008.
- The first author of a popular textbook: Essential Image Processing and GIS for Remote Sensing published by Wiley and Blackwell, 2009.
- Reviewer for more than 20 internationally recognised journals.
et al., 2019, Top Cloud Motion Field of Typhoon Megi-2016 Revealed by GF-4 Images, Ieee Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol:57, ISSN:0196-2892, Pages:4427-4444
et al., 2019, Avian surface reconstruction in free flight with application to flight stability analysis of a barn owl and peregrine falcon, Journal of Experimental Biology, Vol:222, ISSN:0022-0949
et al., 2019, An Illumination-Invariant Change Detection Method Based on Disparity Saliency Map for Multitemporal Optical Remotely Sensed Images, Ieee Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol:57, ISSN:0196-2892, Pages:1311-1324
et al., 2018, Single image deraining via decorrelating the rain streaks and background scene in gradient domain, Pattern Recognition, Vol:79, ISSN:0031-3203, Pages:303-317
et al., 2018, Baseline distribution optimization and missing data completion in wavelet-based CS-TomoSAR, Science China-information Sciences, Vol:61, ISSN:1674-733X