- 2013 - present Junior Research Fellow - Imperial College London.
- 2011 - present Scientific Associate - Department of Earth Sciences, Natural History Museum, London.
- 2011 - 2013 Research Fellow - Division of Clinical Medicine, Brighton and Sussex Medical School. Wellcome Trust-funded. Pilot study investigating the soils in podoconiosis-prevalent areas in Ethiopia. Co-investigators: Dr G Davey (Brighton and Sussex Medical School), Dr P Baxter (Cambridge), Dr J Cuadros (Natural History Museum – NHM - London) and Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
- 2010 - 2011 Postdoctoral Researcher - Environment Department, University of York. Risk and toxicity assessment of nickel laterite mining in New Caledonia. Co-investigators: Dr P Delmelle.
- 2010 Postdoctoral Research Assistant – Department of Earth Sciences, Durham University. Assessing the health hazards of exposure to volcanic ash. Co-investigators: Dr C Horwell.
- 2006 - 2010 PhD studentship – Department of Geography and Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge, and the Natural History Museum, London. NERC CASE Studentship. Supervisors: Dr C Oppenheimer, Dr B Williamson (Camborne School of Mines), Dr C Horwell (Durham).
et al., 2012, The structure of volcanic cristobalite in relation to its toxicity; relevance for the variable crystalline silica hazard., Part Fibre Toxicol, Vol:9
et al., 2008, Production of potentially hazardous respirable silica airborne particulate from the burning of sugarcane, Atmospheric Environment, Vol:42, ISSN:1352-2310, Pages:5558-5568