Current projects include work on..............
1. Genetic dissection of basal resistance in Arabidopsis.
2. Metabolomics of plant defence in Arabidopsis and in particular the role of plant cell wall alterations in the restriction of bacterial colonisation.
3. Mode of action of the bacterial effector protein AvrPtoB.
4. Evolution of virulence in Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola.
5. Plant responses to aphid feeding.
Please click on the Research link above for more details about these topics.
Mansfield JW, Galambos N, Saville R, The use of ascospores of the dieback fungus Hymenoscyphus fraxineus for infection assays reveals a significant period of biotrophic interaction in penetrated ash cells, Plant Pathology, ISSN:0032-0862
et al., 2018, Comparative genomics of Pseudomonas syringae reveals convergent gene gain and loss associated with specialization onto cherry (Prunus avium)., New Phytol, Vol:219, Pages:672-696
et al., 2018, Characterization of the pathogenicity of strains of Pseudomonas syringae towards cherry and plum, Plant Pathology, Vol:67, ISSN:0032-0862, Pages:1177-1193
et al., 2018, Confocal microscopy reveals in planta dynamic interactions between pathogenic, avirulent and non-pathogenic Pseudomonas syringae strains, Molecular Plant Pathology, Vol:19, ISSN:1464-6722, Pages:537-551