Current projects include work on..............
1. Genetic dissection of basal resistance in Arabidopsis.
2. Metabolomics of plant defence in Arabidopsis and in particular the role of plant cell wall alterations in the restriction of bacterial colonisation.
3. Mode of action of the bacterial effector protein AvrPtoB.
4. Evolution of virulence in Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola.
5. Plant responses to aphid feeding.
Please click on the Research link above for more details about these topics.
et al., 2019, Aphid-induction of defence-related metabolites in Arabidopsis thaliana is dependent upon density, aphid species and duration of infestation, Arthropod-plant Interactions, Vol:13, ISSN:1872-8855, Pages:387-399
Mansfield J, Brown I, Papp-Rupar M, 2019, Life at the edge - the cytology and physiology of the biotroph to necrotroph transition in Hymenoscyphus fraxineus during lesion formation in ash, Plant Pathology, Vol:68, ISSN:0032-0862, Pages:908-920
et al., 2019, A role for 3 '-O-beta-D-ribofuranosyladenosine in altering plant immunity, Phytochemistry, Vol:157, ISSN:0031-9422, Pages:128-134
et al., 2018, Cherry canker genetics - applying genomics to the control of perennial disease problems in fruit trees, International Congress of Plant Pathology (ICPP), AMER PHYTOPATHOLOGICAL SOC, ISSN:0031-949X
Mansfield JW, Galambos N, Saville R, 2018, The use of ascospores of the dieback fungus Hymenoscyphus fraxineus for infection reveals a period of biotrophic interaction in penetrated ash cells, International Congress of Plant Pathology (ICPP), AMER PHYTOPATHOLOGICAL SOC, Pages:26-26, ISSN:0031-949X