Current projects include work on..............
1. Genetic dissection of basal resistance in Arabidopsis.
2. Metabolomics of plant defence in Arabidopsis and in particular the role of plant cell wall alterations in the restriction of bacterial colonisation.
3. Mode of action of the bacterial effector protein AvrPtoB.
4. Evolution of virulence in Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola.
5. Plant responses to aphid feeding.
Please click on the Research link above for more details about these topics.
et al., 2017, Confocal microscopy reveals in planta dynamic interactions between pathogenic, avirulent and non-pathogenic Pseudomonas syringae strains., Mol Plant Pathol
et al., 2016, Pseudomonas syringae differentiates into phenotypically distinct subpopulations during colonization of a plant host, Environmental Microbiology, Vol:18, ISSN:1462-2912, Pages:3593-3605
et al., 2016, Aphid induction of phytohormones in Medicago truncatula is dependent upon time post-infestation, aphid density and the genotypes of both plant and insect, Arthropod-plant Interactions, Vol:10, ISSN:1872-8855, Pages:41-53
et al., 2015, Rapid, automated detection of stem canker symptoms in woody perennials using artificial neural network analysis, Plant Methods, Vol:11, ISSN:1746-4811