My position at the HPC Service team involves user support and training. I coordinate and develop courses ranging from introductory hands-on HPC to more advanced topics. The courses are delivered as a joint effort between the HPC group and the Computational Methods Hub. For the list of classes, see the HPC wiki.
I have a background in molecular biology and bioinformatics. During my postdoctoral training, while studying genetic disease gene networks, I migrated from bioinformatics research to HPC. Subsequently, I spent six years as a member of the research computing group at the University of Oslo focusing a Galaxy based GUI portal to cluster computing and on general bioinformatics support.
- HPC training specialist, Imperial College London, 2015 -
- Senior Engineer, Dept of Research Computing, University of Oslo, 2009 - 2015
- Researcher, Biotechnology Centre of Oslo, University of Oslo, Norway, 2006 - 2008
- Research Fellow, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto 2005
- Ph.D., Bioinformatics, University of Toronto, 1998 - 2004
- Research Technician, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, 1997
- M.Sc., Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Canada, 1993 - 1996
- B.Sc., Molecular Genetics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, 1988 - 1992