I am a theoretical evolutionary ecologist (Imperial and Silwood) by training, and I've worked in international environmental policy on indicators and tools for integrated assessment and decision making for many years. I love teaching and trained as a teacher (PGCE and MEd, Cambs) specialising in dialogic and experiential education with a focus on STEM and outdoor environmental education.I am now a teaching fellow in Environment, sustainability and business education, mostly working with MSc students.
In my spare time I am a volunteer Lowland rescue team leader and first responder (medic).
My main interests are in:
- Education- Environment, sustainability and business education in HE
- Indicators as tools for decision making and communication
- Indicators of social and environmental progress and sustainability,
- Experiential and outdoor education
- Eco-theology and eco-philosophy
- Business Ethics
- Critical thinking