Broadly interested in applied mathematics in biological, physical and engineering systems
- Dynamics of networks of interconnected nonlinear systems: graph theory and dynamics. Algebraic graph theory.
- Data analysis: geometric dimensionality reduction and graph clustering.
- Stochastic dynamics and optimization
- Multiscale dynamics and model reduction of bio-systems: analysis of biomolecules and biomolecular assemblies
- Social network analysis: Text and information flows.
- Theory of synchronization: Coupled oscillators in biology and engineering, flocking phenomena
- Algorithms for nonlinear signal analysis: Nonlinear detection, network reconstruction
- Mathematical and computational biology: metabolic and genetic networks (deterministic and stochastic)
- Network analysis for robust infrastructure
- Applied PDEs in biology: nonlinear wave propagation in the arterial tree, chemotaxis.
Research Student Supervision
Cooper,K, Clustering in Biological Networks
Strelkowa,N, Stochastic Gene Regulatory Networks
Yu,J, Design principles of metabolic networks
Phoka,E, Network dynamics of neuronal assemblies from data
Costa,JBRD, Graph rigidity for coarse-graining of protein structure and dynamics
Lazaridis,E, Networks of bio-inspired (neuronal) analogue VLSI circuits