I'm a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in the Department of Computing. Previously, I have been a Qualcomm Research Fellowat the Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing of U.C. Berkeley and have held post-doctoral researcher positions at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (hosted by Piotr Indyk), Computer Science Department of the Carnegie Mellon University (hosted by Venkat Guruswami) and the University of Texas at Austin (hosted by David Zuckerman).
I'm mainly interested in Theoretical Computer Science, or more specifically:
- Interconnections between electrical engineering and theoretical computer science (particularly coding and information theory and signal processing),
- Sparse recovery (e.g., compressive sensing and combinatorial group testing) and high-dimensional geometry,
- Information-theoretic privacy and security,
- The use of randomness in computation, and how to do things equally well without using randomness,
- Approximation algorithms and hardness of approximation.
Cheraghchi Bashi Astaneh M, Capacity Upper Bounds for Deletion-Type Channels, Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery (acm), ISSN:0004-5411
et al., 2018, Efficiently Decodable Non-Adaptive Threshold Group Testing, Ieee International Symposium on Information Theory - Proceedings, Vol:2018-June, ISSN:2157-8095, Pages:2584-2588
Cheraghchi M, Ribeiro J, 2018, Improved Capacity Upper Bounds for the Discrete-Time Poisson Channel, Ieee International Symposium on Information Theory - Proceedings, Vol:2018-June, ISSN:2157-8095, Pages:1769-1773
Cheraghchi M, 2018, Expressions for the Entropy of Binomial-Type Distributions, Ieee International Symposium on Information Theory - Proceedings, Vol:2018-June, ISSN:2157-8095, Pages:2520-2524