Fluid Mechanics - CI3-340
TThis module aims to enable students to extend their understanding of transport processes in fluid mechanics and of turbulent mixing. The course will highlight their significance in the areas of pollutant dispersion in the environment (e.g. the atmosphere, rivers, lakes or oceans) and in sediment transport in rivers and coastal areas.
Fluid Mechanics - CI1-140
- To provide a grounding in the fundamentals of fluid mechanics, beginning with a study of fluid statics and then considering the physics governing the motion of fluids.
- To introduce the physical processes which govern the behaviour of fluids at rest and in motion.
- To provide a solid foundation in fundamental fluid mechanics on which specialist fluid dynamics courses in years 2, 3 and 4 will build.
- To provide experience and confidence in problem-solving.
- To provide insights into the practical world of civil engineering fluid mechanics.
Computational Engineering Analysis - CI3-321
- To expose principal computational methods in civil engineering.
- To illustrate the main application areas for each of these methods.
- To engage in computer modelling of real engineering problems.
- To assess the accuracy of computer-based solutions.