- Full-waveform seismic inversion
- Crustal & exploration seismology
- Machine learning
- Medical FWI
Recent Measures of Esteem
- 2015 Guido Bonarelli Award: For the paper "Adaptive waveform inversion – FWI without cycle skipping", presented at the 76th EAGE Conference & Exhibition, Amsterdam, June 2014.
- 2013 Society of Exploration Geophysicists: Best paper in Geophysics for "Anisotropic 3D full-waveform inversion"
- 2009 Guido Bonarelli Award: For the paper "Efficient and Effective 3D Wavefield Tomography", presented at the 70th EAGE Annual Conference, Rome, June 2008.
- 2005 European Association of Geoscientists & Engineers: Best EAGE oral paper “Fully data-driven and robust techniques for seismic multiple attenuation”.
- 2005 - 2020 £8.8 million of awards to support the Fullwave consortium.
- Professor of Geophysics, Imperial College 2000 - date
- Chief Technical Officer, S-Cube 2015 - date
- Director of the Fullwave research consortium 2005 - date
- Head of Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College 2001-2006
- Reader in Geophysics, Imperial College 1995-2000
- BP Lecturer in Geophysics, Imperial College 1989-1994
- BIRPS core group, Bullard Labs, Cambridge 1982-1989
- NERC Fellow, University of Edinburgh 1979-1982
- DPhil Magnetospheric Physics, University of York 1979
- BA Physics & Philosophy, University of York 1974
Da Silva NV, Yao G, Warner M, 2019, Semiglobal viscoacoustic full-waveform inversion, Geophysics, Vol:84, ISSN:0016-8033, Pages:R271-R293
Da Silva NV, Yao G, Warner M, 2019, Wave modeling in viscoacoustic media with transverse isotropy, Geophysics, Vol:84, ISSN:0016-8033, Pages:C41-C56
et al., 2018, Addressing viscous effects in acoustic full-waveform inversion, Geophysics, Vol:83, ISSN:0016-8033, Pages:R611-R628
Da Silva NV, Yao G, Warner M, 2018, Semi-global inversion of v<inf>p</inf> to v<inf>s</inf> ratio for elastic wavefield inversion, Inverse Problems, Vol:34, ISSN:0266-5611
et al., 2019, Extraction of tomography mode for full-waveform inversion with non-stationary smoothing, Pages:1364-1368