personal webpage: https://nicolasbarral.fr
I am a Research Associate in the Computational Geoscience and Energy division of the Department of Earth Science and Engineering at Imperial College London.
My research focuses on mesh adaptation strategies for transient simulations and coastal ocean modelling. I have a broader interests for Computational Fluids Dynamic, meshing techniques and High Performance Computing.
I am currently involved in several software projects:
- Pragmatic, an anisotropic adaptive remesher
- Thetis, a coastal ocean model
Recent and older movies on my dailymotion channel.
- Research associate, Applied Modelling and Computation Group, Imperial College London (2016- )
- PhD, GAMMA3 team, Inria Paris Rocquencourt (2012-2015)
- Masters degree, Numerical modelling and simulation, Ecole Centrale Paris (2012)
- Engineering degree, Applied maths, Ecole Centrale Paris (2012)