Naomi Chayen is Head of the Crystallization Group in Computational and Systems Medicine
Structural biology and structural genomics/proteomics.
- Crystallization of proteins and other biological molecules of medical interest for the purpose of 3-D structure determination for rational drug design
- Crystallization of proteins related to cancer therapy
- Analytical studies in order to gain an a fundamental understanding of the crystallization process and apply this knowledge to solve crystallization problems
- Design of new, non-standard methodology for production of high-quality crystals for X-ray crystallography
- Design and application of smart and nano materials for crystallization
- Automation and miniaturization to nano-scale crystallization in high throughput mode
- Women of Outstanding Achievement for Innovation & Entrepreneurship Commendation (2012)
- Innovator of the Year (2011)
- Investigator of the Year (2011)
- Nine patents and several commercial products.
- Nanev, C.N., Saridakis, E. and Chayen, N.E. (2017) Protein crystal nucleation in pores. Scientific Reports, Nature Publishing Group 7:35821.
- Govada L, Leese HS, Saridakis E, Kassen S, Chain B, Khurshid S, Menzel R, Hu S, Shaffer MSP, Chayen NE (2016) Exploring Carbon Nanomaterial Diversity for Nucleation of Protein Crystals, Scientific Reports Nature publishing Group Vol:6, ISSN:2045-2322
- Leese, H.S., Govada, L., Saridakis, E., Khurshid, S., Menzel, R., Morishita, T., Clancy, A.J., White, E.R. Chayen, N.E. and Shaffer, M.S.P. (2016) Reductively PEGylated carbon nanomaterials and their use to nucleate 3D protein crystals: a comparison of dimensionality. Chemical Science 7, 2916-2923.
- Chain B, Arnold J, Akthar S, Brandt M, Davis D, Noursadeghi M, Lapp T, Ji C, Sankuratri S, Zhang Y, Govada L, Saridakis E, Chayen NE (2015) A Linear Epitope in the N-Terminal Domain of CCR5 and Its Interaction with Antibody. PLOS One Vol: 10(6): e0128381
- Khurshid, S., Govada L. EL- Sharif H.F., Reddy, S.M. and Chayen N.E (2015) Automating the application of smart materials for protein crystallization. Acta Crystallographica D 71, 534-540.
- Khurshid S, Saridakis E, Govada L, Chayen N. E. (2014) Porous nucleating agents for protein crystallization., Nat Protoc, 9, 1621-1633
- Saridakis E, Chayen NE. (2013) Imprinted polymers assisting protein crystallization, Trends in Biotechnology, 31, 515-520
Press Report Highlights
et al., 2019, Hydrophobic Interface-Assisted Protein Crystallization: Theory and Experiment, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol:11, ISSN:1944-8244, Pages:12931-12940
et al., 2018, Chlamydia protein Pgp3 studied at high resolution in a new crystal form, Iucrj, Vol:5, ISSN:2052-2525, Pages:439-448
Nanev CN, Saridakis E, Chayen NE, 2017, Protein crystal nucleation in pores, Scientific Reports, Vol:7, ISSN:2045-2322
et al., 2016, Exploring Carbon Nanomaterial Diversity for Nucleation of Protein Crystals, Scientific Reports, Vol:6, ISSN:2045-2322