Design Project Environmental - CIVE97032
- To gain insight and skills in the design of environmental engineering processes.
- To apply knowledge gained in lectures and general reading to a real-world problem in order to experience the need for engineering judgement, empiricism and an integrated approach.
- To work effectively within a team to deliver a multi-faceted engineering process design.
Advanced Water and Wastewater Treatment - CIVE97027
- To extend and deepen the scope of the introductory module on drinking water, and wastewater treatment (CI9-EE-28).
- To cover the background to water quality, standards and regulations, and more specialised unit processes of softening, ion exchange, oxidation, adsorption, and membrane systems.
- To review the fundamental basis of aerobic treatment processes, and describe methods of advanced effluent treatment for higher discharge standards and effluent re-use.