||Director of the Centre for Process Systems Engineering, Imperial College London|
|2003-2007||Director of Undergraduate Studies, Imperial College London|
|2001-||Professor of Process Systems Engineering, Imperial College London|
|1998-2001||Senior Lecturer, Chemical Engineering Department, Imperial College London.|
|1992-1998||Lecturer, Chemical Engineering Department, Imperial College London.|
|1997-2002||ICT/Royal Academy of Engineering Fellowship|
|1996||Institution of Chemical Engineers Junior Moulton Medal|
|1995||Imperial College London Teaching Excellence Award|
|1992-1996||Shell Lecturer Support Award|
|1988-1992||PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering Department, Imperial College London, Thesis Title: “Efficient Scheduling Technologies for Multipurpose Plants|
Design and analysis of energy systems:
- Bioenergy systems and technologies.
- Urban Energy Systems.
- Modelling and optimisation of low carbon technologies and systems (e.g. CCS, hydrogen infrastrucutre etc).
Supply chain design and optimisation:
- Development of new algorithms for large scale supply chain models.
- Application to sector-specific processes (e.g. pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, consumer goods)
Process synthesis and development for fine chemicals, pharmaceutical and biochemical processes:
- Combination of chemistry with modelling and engineering to improve process designs and to speed up process development.
- Performing rapid economic assessments for different manufacturing routes.
- Developing long-term capacity and investment plans.
Safety in design and operation, especially the application of formal mathematical techniques to assess and improve process safety
et al., 2011, Optimisation based design of a district energy system for an eco-town in the United Kingdom, Energy, Vol:36, ISSN:0360-5442, Pages:1292-1308
et al., 2009, Multiscale modelling of hydrothermal biomass pretreatment for chip size optimization, Bioresource Technology, Vol:100, ISSN:0960-8524, Pages:2621-2628
et al., 2009, Design and operation of a future hydrogen supply chain: Multi-period model, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol:34, ISSN:0360-3199, Pages:7883-7897
et al., 2009, Spatially Explicit Static Model for the Strategic Design of Future Bioethanol Production Systems. 1. Cost Minimization, Energy & Fuels, Vol:23, ISSN:0887-0624, Pages:5121-5133