Concurrent Processes - CO406H
To learn a basic process algebra (mobility and communication via the pi-calculus)
To learn a basic semantics of the pi-calculus
To learn a basic type theory of the pi-calculus (session types)
To learn applications of the pi-calculus (protocols, distributed and concurrent languages based on communications)
Concurrency: Models and Programming - CO528
• To introduce the basic concepts of concurrent programs, and demonstrate them in Java.
• To provide an introduction to model-based program design and apply it to concurrent programs.
• To teach the students how to translate concurrent models into executable Java applications.
• Understand how to describe the structure of concurrent programs
• Acquire modelling skills to construct working FSP models
• Learn how to translate FSP models into executable Java code
• Learn how to describe concurrent properties of the system and verify them using models.