I am a postdoctoral researcher at Personal Robotics Lab. My work focuses on building smart algorithms that equip machines with the capability of sensing, recognising and interpreting human behaviours for enabling adaptive and assistive interactions. I am currently working on the H2020 project entitled "PAL - Personal Assistant for a healthy Lifestyle", aiming to assist diabetic children and their caretakers with the management of the children's special needs through Charlie Nao Robot and its Virtual Avatar.
Before this, I was
- Research Scientist/Postdoc at Graphics & Interaction (Rainbow) Group, Computer Lab, University of Cambridge, and at Multimedia & Vision Group, EECS, Queen Mary University of London, working with Dr. Hatice Gunes (2013-2017, please see my previous personal website)
- PhD student at Bogazici University (one of the world's most beautiful universities in my opinion), advised by Prof. Bulent Sankur and Dr. Christian Wolf (2008-2013)
- Visiting Researcher at LIRIS, INSA de Lyon - National Institute of Applied Sciences of Lyon (2011-2013)
- Research & Teaching Assistant at the Dept. of Electrical & Electronics Eng., Bogazici University (2007-2013)
- Research Intern at Xerox Research Centre Europe (now Naver Labs Europe) and Renault
I have (co-)authored over 30 publications, of which 8 is in journals, 16 in international proceedings, and 7 in national proceedings, and 1 book chapter.
Celiktutan O, Skordos E, Gunes H, 2017, Multimodal Human-Human-Robot Interactions (MHHRI) Dataset for Studying Personality and Engagement, Ieee Transactions on Affective Computing, ISSN:1949-3045
Celiktutan O, Gunes H, 2017, Automatic Prediction of Impressions in Time and across Varying Context: Personality, Attractiveness and Likeability, Ieee Transactions on Affective Computing, Vol:8, ISSN:1949-3045, Pages:29-42
et al., 2017, Fully Automatic Analysis of Engagement and Its Relationship to Personality in Human-Robot Interactions, Ieee Access, Vol:5, Pages:705-721
et al., 2015, Activity recognition from videos with parallel hypergraph matching on GPUs., Corr, Vol:abs/1505.00581
Bremner P, Celiktutan O, Gunes H, 2016, Personality perception of robot avatar tele-operators, Pages:141-148